Monday, August 16, 2010

Letter's To God

Sniff, sniff. Excuse me, while I wipe away a tear. This movie was one of the most heartfelt movies I have ever watched! I wasn't even sure what it was about, but I decided to watch it after I learned that Jason Deere, who is the master mind behind the Nashville Tribute band, had written a song on the soundtrack.

No matter what faith you are, if you believe in a Heavenly Father, you will be able to relate to this story. It's the story of 8-year-old Tyler, who is suffering from a very aggressive form of cancer. It's the story of his family and how his life touches those in his small neighborhood. Tyler has the faith to move mountains and is an amazing little boy. Tyler likes to talk to God and he talks to Him through these letters that he writes. And that pulls in a rather down on his luck, mail man. And Tyler's letters do amazing things for Brady. In the end his letters do amazing things for so many people.

It is such a feel good story. I loved it. My little boys watched part of it with me last night, but had to go to bed before it finished so we will be watching it again tonight. I don't know how I'll handle it again. I was sobbing by the end of the movie. It's got such a great message, it is definitely one you should watch. It leaves you a little bit better than when you started watching!

Oh, and Tyler's little friend, Sam is the cutest thing ever! There is one scene in the lunch room, where she shoves a little boys face into his mashed potatoes for making fun of Tyler, and I laughed and laughed. I have a feeling my little Piper will be a lot like that one day. I really loved her character.

Hope you enjoy it! It's a definite must see.

No comments: