Thursday, April 8, 2010

Homemade Chicken Fried Steak


When I was growing up, I worked as a waitress in this little cafe, Hoover's. It had been around since the 1920's and it was the coolest place to work. The secret to their success was homemade chicken fried steak and this to die for hamburger sauce! I will have to share that one of these day's. It was heavenly!

Anyway, I can't stand to order chicken fried steak at a restaurant because I hate those yucky frozen, deep-fried patties! GAG ME! But this, is one of those things I make when I am looking for comfort food. And they are pretty easy.
Cube Steak, enough for your family
eggs
bread crumbs, I use stuffing
seasonings and lot's of butter
Take your cube steak and tenderize it by pounding it out with a meat mallet. Take your eggs and whip them for an egg coating. Dip steak in egg and then cover in bread crumbs. Fry your steaks in a pan that is heavily coated in butter. Before you flip each steak, put more butter down or you will burn your steak.
Cook thoroughly and enjoy! Don't make this alot because it is defiently not healthy, but it's sure delicious!

No comments: