Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Scratch n' Sniff Paint

First of all, I am not sure where I got this idea. I honestly have no idea, I think it was Family Fun. I know it was awhile ago that I saw it. I din't bookmark it, but I am pretty sure it was there, but I can find it nowhere!! But if you know where it originated, please let me know so I can give proper credit. It's been filed away in the back of my brain for awhile.


All you need to do this craft is packages of kool-aid and water. I used about 1/2 a pkg. of kool-aid to 3 Tbsp. water. You can use more or less, depending on how thick you want to make it. This smells so yummy!! That is the best part. But be careful because it does stain hands and I am sure it does clothes too!


Piper sniffing her paint. This may be a bad habit to form!! You will want to use cardstock because it did bleed through the paper quite a bit. We did cardstock after the first round of painting was done and it worked much better.


Such an easy boredom buster. And the kids can enjoy smelling it for weeks!!
Notice we also made Apple Jack necklaces. Sometimes I forget it's the simple things that kids enjoy so much. They had a blast making them and it was a great play date.

No comments: