Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Hush Puppies

First of all, I do not claim that these are healthy, in any way, shape or form. But boy, are they TASTY! My mom used to make these for us when we were kids and I have made them once before, but it was years ago. So I thought we would try them again. And they were a hit!
Take left over mashed potatoes, (they have to be cold to make this work) and form into small patties. Coat the patties in flour, seasoned with salt & pepper. Coat both sides of the pattie. Throw them into a frying pan with a little bit of butter and brown on both sides!

That's it. Easy Peasy! It's something fun to do with leftover potatoes and a fun way to spice up a meal.

1 comment:

Sherry said...

We eat hush puppies for days after we do mashed potatoes. I make sure there is always leftovers.