Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Garage Sale Tips


Brandy and I have an......addiction. Each and every Saturday one of us, if not both of us are out and about garage selling our way to heaven. We find deal after deal and it is what feeds this frenzy. Our main goal is to find good deals on great clothes. But once you get out there, things just call to you and say "Take me home", "You know you want me....even though you don't need me". It is theraputic, it is fun, and it is what I look forward to each and every Saturday.

On my way home today while I was tuning out the chitter chattering and screaming of children in the backseat, I was trying to think of a great post for our blog. I thought "Aha! I will share my tips on Garage selling techniques.

Tip #1
Go on Craigslist the night before and click on the "garage sale" button. This will then show you all of the garage sales for the weekend. It will then actually map out a route for you to follow. Along the way you may or may not find other garage sales along the way that weren't on Craigslist.


Tip #2
Check out the garage sales for friday. These days "with the economy" people are having sales on any day of the week.


Tip #3
Don't be afraid to swindle a deal. Usually people mark up their items so you will be able to talk them down. Most people that do garage sales are just trying to get rid of their things more than making money.


Tip #4
Go EARLY! Most of the good stuff is gone by 9. Brandy and I usually go at 7 and YES things are busy.


Tip #5
If you have to bring your kids with you, bring plenty of snacks and portable dvd players. I also give my kids 2.00 each to spend and when their money is gone it is gone. It teaches them to hold out for something good.


Tip #6
Go with a friend. I love going with Brandy. We help each other look for great deals and even when we aren't together we are still on the prowl for things for each other.

On the whole this is a great way to shop. It is better than thrift store prices and walmart prices. I did a garage sale this past weekend at my house and we brought in some good money! So with that, HAPPY SHOPPING!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay...Garage Sales! I love 'em too!!!