Tuesday, January 13, 2009

I need your advice....

First of all, we haven't dropped off the face of the planet. Both Mandee and I have just been very busy with our everyday lives. Not to say that we aren't always busy, but it just seems that time slips by and life is really busy in spurts. I promise to be back and posting soon!!

But first, I need some advice. I am the Beehive advisor in my ward. We have a great group of girls. This past Sunday the entire presidency was released and so was an advisor and our secretary. Four of these beautiful and wonderful women had been in for over 2 years, so there is a lot of emotional attachment for everyone. I was retained along with another advisor and one member of the presidency was also extended the call back as the 2nd counselor, so whew, very little change for the Beehives. However, we will miss our friends very much!

So my question is, any ideas for handling such a change? There were several very emotional girls on Sunday and some emotional leaders!! As one of the surviving leaders, I want to do everything I can to make this transition a positive one for the girls. I'm that friendly face that they are comfortable with so I need to help keep things rolling smoothly. Any ideas?? Any advice you can give will be much appreciated.

In the meantime check out these sweet talkers, candy bar wrappers. This is what we were going to do for our young women's birthday's. Maybe we still will, who knows?

2 comments:

Shauna said...

I went through this in May. I wast hte one who had to stand up in YW and basically "say all the right things"
I wish I had written it down, but I think they were the words for that time.
However, I told the girls that with every call comes a release. We talked about the wonderful things we had learned from those released and the things that we appreciated.
I addressed the older girls and asked them to count how many YW Leaders they had over the 5-6 years in YW and how each time one was released, they were sad, yet the new leader brought something else to the program and they soon loved them like crazy, etc.
I told the girls about all the YW Leaders I had over the years as girl and what I had learned from each one.
I told them that they would have some favorites over the years, but that every leader would contribute to their lives with far reaching effects.
It did not make it easier, but I tried to help them see the big picture and that change always brings something new and exciting.
Good Luck

Kritta22 said...

I couldn't have siad it better!