Monday, December 1, 2008

Christmas Book Collection




"MOM, IT'S THE CHRISTMAS BOOKS!" These were the words out of my 10 year old sons mouth when we were pulling out the totes loaded with Christmas Decorations. I put the books away in the totes for this very reason, I want them to be new each year instead of on the shelf throughout the whole year. He was so excited to pull them out and look at them. I never thought it would be the books that would make him the most excited. These books have been around for all of his Christmases and each year we add more and more(I haven't found the rest of my stash-still digging through totes). You could say I am a bit of a Christmas book addict! -Brandy is too. (hee hee).

Each year we read a story a night out of my collection of 24 nights before christmas binder (more religious type of stories)stories ,then we also read a "fun" story too. Christmas Eve we pull out the big guns and read Twas the Night Before Christmas. We have about four different versions and just rotate through them.

I am so excited to add more to my collection this year too! What are some of your favorite Christmas stories?? Please share.

4 comments:

Doty Family said...

The Crippled Lamb by Max Lucado and The Christmas Angel by Hans Welhelm. These are the ones that make me cry, anyway and then we have oodles of just fun ones that we read!!

Lillian J. Banks said...

I loved this tradition when I was a kid- and now I have my own fun collection. I am really into board books that my little ones can't destroy, and my 7 year old loves the older ones. It is so fun!

mylittlegems said...

I have a great one illustrated by David Shannon I think- I can't tell you the exact title since it is wrapped-but I plan to highlight some of my favorites this month- and this one is really my very favorite!

Bryce and Candice Blood Family said...

I collect christmas books too but I am also interested in you posting more about your 24 nights before Christmas binder....please?

I keep our Christmas books on my bookshelf away from the other books, with my latest addition of Christmas novels for me and my kids when they are older!