Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Taco Soup

I am so excited that it is the time of year we can start eating soup soup soup! I love to make all different types of soups, and thank heavens my kids love to eat it. I kicked off the season with YUMMY taco soup. It is the easiest soup I make, just open cans, taco seasonings, dump them, shred cheese, open a bag of Fritos and WALA you have dinner.
Bay and I made Baking Powder Biscuits to go with it. MMM Good.


2 cans chicken broth
2 cans corn
2 cans beans (pinto,red or kidney)
2 cans tomato sauce
1 lb. hamburger
1 onion chopped
2 pkg taco flavoring
Shredded Cheese
Fritos

Cook hamburger with chopped onion until brown. Drain, add 3 T four and taco flavoring. Mix well. Combine all ingredients in large pan or crockpot. Stir well. Heat until slightly bubbly. Serve hot sprinkled with grated cheese and fritos.

3 comments:

Letti said...

Yum and it looks so easy. I love soups.

Kritta22 said...

We put the chips in the bottom so you get some with every bite! I totally love this soup and we have at least once a month!

Active Ackleys said...

We LOVE this soup. We also use chorizzo (shhhh no one else has been told that secret extra) in addition to the hamburger. Also, a garlic clove, green chiles (another secret), red beans, black eye peas and chick peas. My husband would kill me if he knew I gave away the secret additions. Anyways, in the summer we cook it in a dutch oven over the fire pit in the backyard or campground. The kids love it and our family and friends ask for the recipe each time Tim makes it for potlucks and reunions.